[rescue] Re: [geeks] Sun-HOWTO

David Venable rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 19:25:07 CDT 2001

The Sun Howto would be awesome! The people on this list are so knowledgeable
that it is intimidating. I reading the posts I have learned a great deal
about old Sparcs. However I am just scracthing the surface.

Not wanting to look like a PC Dork (I am). I have hesitated to ask the
question that is really bothering me. Here goes................

I have 2 SS2s, + a parts unit, I managed to get to get DHCP (Cisco 675) to
assign an IP to them, however I do not have a clue of how to proceed from
here. There seems to be to ways to go on, TFTP, or NFS. After getting its
address the install asks for the FTP server. Where do I go from here? Does
the the FTP server have to be local? What about HTTP? Thats another choice
onn the  Red Hat menu. The Red Hat floppie is the only one that will work.

I read somewhere that the TFTP protocal has instructions with it. Would it
be best to set up RH on a PC and get the TFTP server going?

Thanks to all..........

David