[rescue] NCD Explora 700 Software

R. Lonstein rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 18:41:37 CDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:44:19PM -0400, Stephen Worotynec wrote:
   [snip]
> there destined to become doorstops or worse. NCDware isn't
> free, though lots of other things may be on the NCD ftp
> site. An ancient X-terminal isn't worth $US300 or so to
> me, anyhow.

IIRC, the OS image was around $1500 when those came out. And they
charged for updates. I guess they see that as a steal. There has been
talk (only talk) of a NetBSD port but, from the netbsd.org site,"the
biggest obstacle to the port would be obtaining technical information on
the machines."

Enjoy your doorstop. :(

- Ross