[rescue] Various Solaris Questions

Mike Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 14 17:43:42 CDT 2001

Today I sat down and properly did up my first Solaris 8 machine
with help from Fixsolaris, list archieves and other guides to setting
up Solaris. I've still got a few questions:

1. Is there a way to list devices? I would really like to find out what
is in a machine even if there is no driver for it.

2. I have a nice /etc/default/login and /etc/profile setup, I login and
my PATH and prompt are happy. But when I su it all goes away,
how do I fix it so that the prompt is correctly set and the PATH? I
did set SUPATH in /etc/default/login. I'm using bash.

3. I login with telnet and my PATH is correctly setup. But when I
ripped out telnet and put in SSH my PATH is no longer setup after
login, how do I fix this?

Mike

PS. What's a good place to buy new smallish (<9gb) scsi disks? I
don't need size, just spindles and want to spend less than $75/disk.