[rescue] Powerware UPS?

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 14 15:29:02 CDT 2001

>Figure on $100-200 for a new set of batteries. If it still makes sense, go

I went ahead and bought it.  Date of manufacture: 1/2001.  Hasn't been
used, so the batts are only reading about 50-75% charged (probably left
over from initial charge and testing at Powerware).

>for it - I got a 1250 KVA UPS for $125 with *new* batteries, a very nice

Looks like I'll be out for a new power cord (it's got the goofy
high-current 120V plug), a 1 ohm resistor, and a Klein #2 phillips
screwdriver (don't ask).

newell