[rescue] Linux/Sparc

Shawn Wallbridge rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 14:00:23 CDT 2001

>From ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/unsupported/sparc/README.....

"Slackware SPARC port status - 01-July-2001

The SPARC port of Slackware has been in active development since around
October of 2000.  The first publicly available copy was in December of
2000.  Unfortunately, I am no longer able to continue working on the port.
I want to thank the users that sent in feedback, talked to me at the
trade shows, and helped with various problems.  I wish I could continue
the port, but I simply don't have the time.

For now, the -current tree for the SPARC port is being kept in the
/unsupported directory on the FTP site.  No updates will be made and bug
reports will be ignored.

Again, thanks to all the users that were able to get some use out of the
port and thanks to all those who helped.

--
David Cantrell
david at slackware.com"

shawn