[rescue] Friggin huge list members!

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 23:47:10 CDT 2001

Bill:

kosher is food that meets certain standards of the Jewish religion. Has to
do with not eating pork, not mixing meat & milk products in a meal, as well
as several other things (I don't keep a kosher home, so don't know all
about it). I know that folks that are really kosher (as in many things in
modern life, there seem to now be levels of kosher) even have 2 sets of
dishes, one for meat products, the other for dairy products. Basically it's
my understanding that when these dietary laws came out they were primarily
for health reasons, but have become more of a tradition type thing these
days. I might be wrong in some of my descriptions, I'm not an authority on
these things :)

-Mike

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 10:06:51AM -0400, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> > I keep kosher, and they never accomodate me. I don't complain, though,
> > as my Guinness tab is usually as large as the others' food ones.
>
> Please follow up to geeks.. but can someone explain "kosher" to me, as
> a redneck guy from the south?  I understand it has something to do with
> certain ways of preparing food?
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *