[rescue] Re: Career Rescue - Pray for me

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 10 15:19:05 CDT 2001

Derrick Daugherty wrote:

> In the mean time, looks like EMC's going to contract me to do some
> work..only kicker is it's in San Antonio.  They can't get a RedCrap box
> to compile the hba driver, wee.  They claim they're using kernel 2.1.6,
> hah.  I assume they mean 2.4.6, but they swear it's 2.1.6 heheh.
>
> now back to the decision of how much to charge heh..hmm, EMC made me pay
> insane amounts for their kit... what goes around comes around?

Quote them a fixed price that is about double the amount you think it
would take.  Then they will have a guaranteed price, regardless of how
long it takes you.

After all, they could be using 2.1.6 (which would be an early beta); so
you need to worry about other weird stuff they might have installed,
like weird libraries or even a different compiler, which you also will
have to fix at the same time.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net