[rescue] Career Rescue (was DEC Pro 350, or something)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 9 13:33:09 CDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:53:21PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> That's in addition to 'proper' work though, isn't it.  You've already got
> things covered wrt pension, sick pay, etc, so don't need to include those
> costs.  In effect, this freelancing is just for beer money.

Basically.  "fringe on the side" work.

> OK, I also do plenty of tiny little jobs for friends/neighbours/community
> for free, and I'll give advice to anyone provided they pay for the food
> whilst I'm dispensing my wisdom :-)

Same here; I still help OnRamp out with system admin duties from time to
time (ohno/SunHELP is still colocated there) and also assist another local
rural-texas-town ISP every now and then as well.

Never hurts to give "freebies" so that your name is known.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net