[rescue] Career Rescue (was DEC Pro 350, or something)

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 16:52:16 CDT 2001

> Now... "consulting" is a whole different gig. I'll wipe proverbial asses
for
> $150.00/hr (my usual rate).

Right on!  I don't know how many times I've had to educate consulting
companies what an appropriate hourly rate is - and that you get what you pay
for.

I actually made a headhunter choke on his overpriced coffee-based beverage
when I told him my hourly rate was $150.  He tried to tell me that it was
too high - so I asked if they were going to provide: health/dental benefits,
vacation/sick time, 401k or IRA plans, pensions or other retirement
benefits, etc etc.  I swear he went from swarthy tan, to stone white in a
matter of seconds - as if I had just exposed their dirty little secret.
That was fun.

Kurt