[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 04:36:51 CDT 2001

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 dave at cca.org wrote:
> I've given up arguing a few things that used to annoy me: people
> refering to a PC-based server as "the mainframe", modern usage
> of the term "hacker", etc. Most things like that I just shrug and
> ignore these days.

Ok, so I'm trying to get a job on $ARMY_BASE through $TEMP_SERVICE. I meet
with the contract's administrator who tells me that they migh place me as
a Computer Operator -- then he goes on to tell me that I'll "be running
the mainframe." A split-second later, I could have sworn I heard something
about 81 servers... I feel this man may not know what he's talking about.

Anyone know where I can get one of those cop-style "BOFH" jackets? :-)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |