[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 19:39:30 CDT 2001

> I've given up arguing a few things that used to annoy me: people
> refering to a PC-based server as "the mainframe", modern usage
> of the term "hacker", etc. Most things like that I just shrug and
> ignore these days.

I recently had the best job review of my life. I only got one ding. It was
said, in the "plays well with others" section, that if I wanted to improve
one thing, I should let others be right - even when they aren't. I have a
habit of not tolerating fools. It hasn't earned me any friends.... well, I
should say, not any dumb friends.

> However - I still go ballistic on people that refer to run-of-the-mill
> programming as "software engineering". The term "engineering" means
> a *lot*, and 99% of the work out there does *not* qualify.

I can't stand the people who configure software applications and operating
systems calling themselves programmers. In fact, recent high-level
"languages" and scripting languages don't qualify as programming either.