[rescue] HP 3000 Series 48 rescue

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 00:23:58 CDT 2001

hoedy folks.  got some pics, thought i'd share them.  picked up an HP 3000
this week.  didn't get as many pics unloading it as i wanted since i made
the mistake of plugging the CF card from my camera into a Mac at dave's
house and the bloody thing had to fill it with gumk so i could only fit
three pics of unloading. [1]

This thing was quite a bit larger than was expected, but is one sexy rescue.
it's got two 120MB drives and a 404MB drive as well as a 9-track tape drive
and two printers.  the actualy unit is a desk.  not a desktop, not a deskside,
but rather a DESK.  it's neat.  so the thing that looks like a desk is actually
the machine.  i'll get comments to the pictures sometime after i sleep.

http://www.arkham.ws/~wonko/HP3000

-brian

[1] speaking of which, i thought i'd nuke the CF card in the hopes that the
    camera would rebuild the filesystem on it since the Mac put directories
    that i COULD NOT REMOVE on the CF card.  well, the camera didn't rebuild
    the filesystem, but now bitches about the CF card when i plug it in.  i'm
    having a very hard time getting a proper filesystem on this thing now.
    does anyone know anything about these things?  i need to use pcfs to mount
    it on my sparc20, so it's some sort of FAT thing i'm guessing, but fdisk
    and mkfs -F pcfs under Solaris 8 isn't working out.  help me!!