[rescue] Sun SparcCenter 2000E

brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 17:25:18 CDT 2001

Hello,

  I managed to pickup one of these beasts for cheap, unfortunately though
I don't have a 230V Nema L6-30R to plug it into.  I've already removed it
from the cabinet and There's four big bus bar's with +/- 12/5 VDC.  I was
wondering if anyone happened to know the amperage I'd need to supply.
I've checked the FE manual diagram, so I know what voltage goes where,
it's now only a matter of determining the amperage as well as any other
things that popup.  I'm only running 2 cpu boards at the moment, and I'm
not running two fully popuplated 0101 arrays so the draw shouldn't be too
extreme though I've been wrong before.  I'm going to find some power
supplies that have big 5/12V amperage ratings.  If someone has one of
these beasts running that can put a clamp on amp probe to pull up the
amperage, I'd be internally grateful, and would buy you a beer or seven if
we ever met.

Thanks,

Brian