[rescue] What to do with an orphan DEC Professional 350?

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 12:01:54 CDT 2001

On October 5, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> That is the same monitor on a VT220?  If so, maybe something will surface
> later.  I have seen a few 220's go by.

  The VT220 has a built-in monitor...The VT240 uses an external
monitor, and can use the same ones (VR201 or VR241) that the Pro
systems use.

> Well I was hoping I could run the little Venix on it, assuming I could
> get some disks written.  I have the bin images, but not a good way to
> write the disks.  I tried writing VAX Ultrix floppy sets, but got
> nowhwere on my AT style drives.  I may see if I can run up a minimal
> MVII with floppy again, and try that.

  A MicroVAX might be your best bet...

> Is Venix a pretty much straight V7 clone?  I have never run it, myself.

  I don't know much about it.  I believe it is V7 based but I don't
have any details.  It should be interesting, though.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD