[rescue] Anyone got a Sun badged Laserwriter printer manual?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 3 17:22:19 CDT 2001

> > I particularly need info on which port Sun is supposed to be printing to
> > (I am trying to use the db25 serial port, and there are also a 4 pin mini
> > din and a 9 pin mini din port on the SUN badged interface card), and on
> > what the little dual dip switch settings are.
>
> I don't know if this is your problem, but I have a LaserWriter IIntx that
> I got recently, and I recall it has an AppleTalk (the 4-pin), a serial
> (the 9-pin) and a SCSI port for a drive to be extra font space...

OK, maybe that is what I have.

> I'm unsure at the moment if the printer has an actual 50-pin SCSI on it
> right now...  but much apple stuff used the silly 25-pin SCSI, so maybe
> you are trying to use a SCSI port as serial....  maybe try the 9-pin
> instead.

Oops.....(:+}}... See, I told ya'all I might be doing something dumb....
Dang that 25 pin Apple scsi.....(:+\\.....

What is needed for the scsi addition on the printer?

I would expect a manual of some sort might help define which port
to use.  I will try the 9 pin off one of those modem cables used
to drive serial terminals on IPX and like critters.  That might
mate up OK to the DB25 port on the 670MP, with or without gender
changer dongle.

Any idea as to what the switch settings might be on that 2-dip block
on the back?

> Not sure of much more than that since I haven't really tried out the
> LaserWriter I have yet.

Well, then we both might have some fun.

The only reason I picked the silly thing up was that it had a Sun badge
on it, and I figured it might require less poking to get it hooked up
right.....(wrong!)....(:+}}...  The straight LJII with Adobe cartridge
hooked up fine, first time.  Oh, well.   Need input... need input, as
ol' Johnny Number Five was wont to say in that movie awhiles back.

Thanks

Bob