[rescue] Jumpstart

Jamie McKnight rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 3 06:41:03 CDT 2001

|>Is there a good reference for jumpstart online.
|>If I need to add extra package like ssh package how to do it while
|>configuring jumpstart.

	You can start with the Sun Blueprints Jumpstart papers found here:

http://www.sun.com/software/solutions/blueprints/browsesubject.html#jumpstart

	I suggest checking out the JumpStart Architecture and Security Scripts
(AKA JASS) stuff.  The jass-0.3.1 tarball has several of the jumpstart
blueprints in pdf form, including the "Building a JumpStart Infrastructure" and
the blueprint for building openssh.  If you build openssh per the openssh
blueprint, all you have to do is put it in the right place and jass has an
install script for it.

	If you already have an existing jumpstart infrastructure, working in
jass and installing homegrown pkgs is not all that difficult.

	Good Luck!

Jamie