[SunRescue] ARGH!

Stephen Dowdy rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 11:05:47 CDT 2001

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Bran Tregare wrote:
>
> > well, I feel like a idjit.  i am helping some local geeks bring some sparc
> > 20's back to life so I grabbed some cpu's from a local scrapper... turns
> > out they are sm30's :( and apparently sparc 20's run nothing less than
> > sm50's :(:(:(  (unless someone knows if these cpu's will actually work?)  I
>
> I believe the minimum is actually sm40 - my ss20 came with one (now
> upgraded).

Yep, the SS20 has 40 or 50MHz Mbus, thus requiring a CPU module with either one.
The SM30 used (IIRC) a 36MHz MBus.

Mike Spooner glommed up a good MBus reference that now seems to be hosted at
sunhelp.org :-)

	http://mbus.sunhelp.org/

--stephen
--
Stephen Dowdy - Systems Administrator - CS Dept - Univ of Colorado at Boulder
dowdy at cs.colorado.edu  --  http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~dowdy/signature.html