[SunRescue] Completely useless book

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 22:04:27 CST 2001

Along those lines, "Solaris Internals" from Sun Press is a *great* book
for sysadmins that have some working knowledge of kernels and general
internals, but who want specifics as to "How exactly does xxxx work.".

The book you speak of takes a great many examples and cues from the older
Sun Educational courses(SA-280 and SA-285).  285 covers sendmail a la
Sun...I never could understand why Sun would teach that.  Or why they
pushed NIS+ so hard in the days when NIS+ was a sure-fire way of
destroying your network(now it's only a 50/50 chance).

Ed Mitchell (ed<-at->the7thbeer.com)
Finger for PGP public key
This boxen's uptime stats....
  8:01pm  up 45 day(s),  3:02,  0 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.03, 0.02