[SunRescue] Dont feel like running BIND for 10 systems

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 13:43:59 CST 2001

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 03:20:35PM -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> > My words. I'm about to use djbdns as a replacement for bind in a network
> > with ~500 nodes, because bind simply doesn't cut it. It's amazingly
> Funny, bind8 handles far more than that for my employer.

I might add that at the moment we're still running bind4, and because of

---
ISC has discovered or has been notified of several bugs which can result
in vulnerabilities of varying levels of severity in BIND as distributed
by ISC. Upgrading to BIND version 9.1 is strongly recommended. If that
is not possible for your site, upgrading at least to BIND version 8.2.3
is imperative.
---

and numerous other security problems with bind, I thought it might be
reasonable to look for alternatives. djbdns is one, doesn't have any
know vulnerabilities (as far as I know), works very well (as far as I
can tell), so I though I'd rather use that.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

W is for WINNIE embedded in ice
X is for XERXES devoured by mice