[SunRescue] hot swap monitors on SS5

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 13:02:13 CST 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 01:28:32PM -0500, Stefan Hames wrote:
> Can you hot-swap monitors on a SparcStation 5 (power-off the monitor,
> but not the SS5), or am I going to fry the S24 FB by trying to?

I always thought this was possible with any box, but I've recently been
proved wrong -- my work machine, an Ultra 5 with Raptor graphics, will
reboot instantly when you pull the monitor. Switching it on and off is
fine, but you may not pull the cable! Strange, that, very strange.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

You can't have filenames longer than 14 chars.  You can't even think
about them!