[SunRescue] Re: OT: dual PPro mb's...

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 00:34:17 CST 2001

[ On Thursday, March 29, 2001 at 21:30:17 (-0800), Robert Novak wrote: ]
> Subject: [SunRescue] Re: OT: dual PPro mb's...
>
> My 200/256 chip matched an Ultra 10 300mhz (same Linux kernel release
> number--obviously the appropriate architecture version on each--and same
> gcc version) with identical memory. I've heard several people report that
> a 200/256 will match a P2-400 on some cpu-intensive tasks.

I've a PPro-200MHz/256kb sitting in waiting to be my second NetBSD
development box.  It'll only have 82 MB of RAM, but otherwise I should
be able to compare it with my P-II 300MHz for CPU throughput....  I got
it, the memory, a 2GB disk, and the motherboard it's plugged into all
for 1/3 the price of the rack-mount chassis and PS that they're all
mounted in!  :-)

It's not a dual-processor board though.

If I can find one of the intel made ones, or if I get a chance to pick
up a multi-CPU PPro Compaq, HP, DELL, IBM, or other server, (for a
decent low-end price) I certainly will.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>