[SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 21:46:18 CST 2001

[ On Thursday, March 29, 2001 at 17:34:43 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies
>
> Tip: NEVER GET YOUR HOME CONNECTION FOR FREE FROM YOUR EMPLOYER - no
> matter how good you are in with them, etc - there stands the chance
> that one day you'll find yourself fired/quit and without that connection
> you depended on for so long.  I could get free DSL from more than one
> ISP around here in exchange for sysadmin work - but I choose to pay
> my $80/month (1.5 meg down, 128K up, 10 static IPs) for mine.

Depends on who your employer is.  I know folks who used to work at a
certain ISP who still have free ISDN connections over five years later! :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>