[SunRescue] OT: dual PPro mb's...

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 21:40:37 CST 2001

Personally, I'd call a dual ppro on a tyan board (do they have USCSI on
the MoBo?) a midrange linux box.

That said, I paid $150 for my Tyan Dual P2 Mobo with two 350mhz CPUs.
My mobo has AGP, and it takes PC100 or PC133 memory, so for just 256 megs
of ram, my machine would set you back $50, but that ppro will set you back
$136.  Taking memory into account, my setup is actually cheaper.

I'm not trying to sell my system (it is the best I own, I plan to be
using it at least 5 years from now). I'm just saying that if you keep your
eyes open a little longer you can get a faster machine for less.

--
Joshua Boyd