[SunRescue] Leasing Employees

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 15:39:28 CST 2001

>One company I worked for understood this, and so developers were to call
>tech support over machine problems rather than try and fix them
>themselves.

   This only works when the company has a large and expert tech support
staff, which is almost unheard-of due to the expense. At most places you're
lucky to get even one of large or expert, with the result that either you
can fix your own machine faster and better than the tech, and/or the two
days of thumb-twiddling downtime while you wait for somebody to get to you
more than outweighs any time the tech's expertise might save.

   --James B.