[SunRescue] My wife says I gotta sell some stuff

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 02:14:07 CST 2001

Ok guys, my wife has demanded that I sell some equipment. Actually she has
been demanding that for a while, but now that I just bought the U60 and the
24" monitor, she's getting rather insistent. She definitely doesnt want me
having two big sun machines in our bedroom (ran out of room in the office
;-)

Anyway here's what's going up for sale. If you guys don't want it it's going
to ebay, so make me an offer.

Sun Ultra 10 300
384mb RAM (just bought 256 meg and installed two weeks ago)
Symbios SCSI card (just bought and installed two weeks ago)
9.1 gig cheetah hdd (just bought and installed two weeks ago)
24x NEC scsi cd-rom (just bought and installed two weeks ago)
Iomega internal SCSI ZIP-100 (just bought and installed two weeks ago)
USB card (just bought and installed two weeks ago)
Type 5 country kit

I still have the original HDD (a 4.3 gig IDE) and cd-rom plus cables etc...
if you dont like SCSI for some reason.

SGI 02 R10K 175
256mb RAM
4.3 gig hdd with sled
A/V expansion module
Moosecam
Granite KB and mouse
Full set of IRIX 6.5.x media

SGI O2 R5K 180
128mb RAM
4.3 gig hdd with sled
A/V Expansion module
Full set of IRIX 6.5.x media

1 Sun 20" 20d10 monitor with remote
1 Sun 20" 20e20 monitor

1 36.4 gig IBM UltraStar 36XP (36d) drive
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/ultra/ul36xp.htm
2 2.1 gig seagate barracuda st3255 (SCA2, came from a Sun Multipack storage
array and still have the sleds)
1 4.3 gig western digital caviar IDE drive

1 SunVideo SBUS video capture and compression board with SunTuner attachment
1 Sun SBUS pcmcia card reader (new in the box)
1 type 5 conutry kit (new in the box)

I really hate to see the U10 go, but I do have the U60 to replace it. And as
far as the O2's are concerned, I'm going to miss having an IRIX machine to
play with, but at least I can use not having them as an excuse to get an
Octane later ;-)

Chris Byrne