[SunRescue] Leasing Employees

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 20:01:26 CST 2001

As a long term contractor I've faced this one often myself

State income tax is payed in whatever state it is earned. That is usually
the official address of your employer for your location.

For example if I am on a contract in New York, but my official business
address is in CA, I pay California state income tax.

This is USUALLY true, but there are circumstances where it isn't so
depedngin on which states are involved so you should really see an
accountant.

Chris Byrne