[SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 19:46:05 CST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Reagen Ward wrote:

> I just got notification that my ISP (via Northpoint) will transition me
> to Rhythms for a mere $160!  And to be nice, they'll pay half!
>
> I didn't hire Northpoint, THEY did.

If they're not giving you an option to cancel without penalty, they
should.  If they are then this may still be your best bet even though the
ILEC will drag their feet getting the line transferred and you'll probably
be down for a week.

I can't get Rhythms or Covad, but has anyone else noticed they're not
doing very well financially either?  I wonder if there will be any CLECs
left in a year or two.

-James