[SunRescue] Geeks in Photos

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 16:35:31 CST 2001

Okay, my turn...

And 3 for the price of one, so to speak:

http://web.locallink.net/~cpeters/photos

/me - some rather poor digital images of myself.  In fact, the only face
forward shot of me in digital format is from a photocd of our trip to South
Manitou Island on Lake Michigan last year.  The woman in the photo is not my
wife :)  Seriously, it's her best friend.  I'll track down a good photo of
me & my wife at some point and add it here...

/lab - Up to date shots of my hardware @ home.  I've changed yet a few more
things, added some shots of my shelf full o' gear that's still up for sale
(more on that in the next few weeks, I'm working on getting a website
setup).

/aztek - Well, i've been meaning to get these up for a while.  My Honda
Prelude finally puttered out last December, so I had to go car shopping.
First week of March I bought my new Rescue vehicle, a 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT
AWD.  This thing is awesome!  I'm pretty sure there's enough room in the
back height and lengthwise for a full 4/690 rack (the seats
flip/fold/remove).  So far I've had 2 boxed up 19" monitors and 2 Alphas in
packaging in the back end all at once.  I'll be sure to get photos of the
first rescue trip I make in it :)  The Aztek has been one hell of a vehicle,
even if I did have to give up a 5-speed stick to get it...

The next vehicle will be likely be a Golf GTI for my wife to replace our
former rescue vehicle, a '97 Geo Tracker 4 door.  That, or I'll land that
great job and get the Audi S4 I too have been salivating after :)

BTW, the last 2 sets of photos came off my new digital camera - finally
broke down and picked up a Kodak DC3400 back in January.  Excellent camera,
very affordable (mine was something like $299-340, don't recall exactly).
If you like the compact flash format, I highly recommend this one.  The
PCMCIA convertors only run about $12, so I'm watching the discussions about
the Sun PCMCIA readers on the SunHELP list and thinking about adding
something to my 1/200E so I can access the photos from my camera there...

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net