[SunRescue] LX power supply...

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 12:14:28 CST 2001

Is there any way to test an LX (later cakebox) power supply to figure out
why it's dead?  I get no lights, no fan, no nothing.  Is there an internal
fuse that I can check for this?

Here's the scenario on the failure:

I had the LX installed in my car last night attached to the inputs of my
stereo and a 140W power inverter.  It worked when I installed it and
initially when I started it up this morning - after the car warmed up of
course.  I went over a bump and the box tipped a little bit and shut off.
It has not turned on since.  I've checked for shorts but can find none.

Are there some good test points on the power supply board itself or should I
contact the ever popular Mike N. to see if he has another one?

Mike Hebel