[SunRescue] List Administrivia

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 08:25:20 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Adam Kropelin wrote:

> Mmmm. Haven't been to Nick's in quite some time. Not sure if that's a good
> thing or a bad thing. ;)

Both, I think =)

Back when I used to live in the dorms, I went a minimum of once a week.
Now... it's been about a month since my last plate...  I went more often
when I worked downtown a block from Nick's =)

> BTW, Kurt, does the CS dept over there still run on Sun? A couple of Sun2/3
> giveaways over there got me started on my obsession.
>
> --Adam

Yup.  They are an all Sun department (well, I think the secretaries use
PCs).  They went through a small time where they had SGIs (Indy machines),
but the sysadmin (one of my oldest friends) hated them and the trouble
SGI gave him.  Currently they have been replacing all of their Ultra 1s
with Ultra 10s.  And he says he'll let me know when they get rid of the
Ultra 1s.  Although they'll be selling them, not like the sun2/3
giveaways they had (I still have the 3/80 my friend saved for me from their
last one years ago).

--Kurt