[SunRescue] Geeks in Photos (was RE: Bill and Amy in Baltimore)

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 11:26:51 CST 2001

Um.  Interesting to find out just how few pictures
I've bothered to upload recently.  The most recent
one of any quality looks like our engagement picture:

 http://www.cist-east.saic.com/~rip/engage3.jpg

...and to find that I had to go pull it off an old
personal website of mine that says it was last updated
in May 1997 (which is about the vintage of that
photo).  Ack.  (and yes, my wife is 100% Italian
and only very slowly becoming geeky by osmosis).

I don't know which one makes me feel older--the
fact that I've been married for almost 4 years
now, or the fact that I turn 33 the day after our
anniversary.  I've found that the term "old" is
continually being re-defined in my mind nowadays...

ObComputerRescue:  I think that my parents finally
gave up on finding a taker for the Tandy Model 100
"laptop" and trashed it, but I'm fairly sure that
they still have my first computer--TRS-80 Model 1,
with Level II upgrade and expansion interface for
a whopping 48K of RAM.  Is there a good home out
there for it before I give up and hold a funeral
for it with full military honors?  I'm too busy with
baby on the way and all the SPARCs to rescue, but
let me know...and if anyone's interested in the
Model 100, let me know about that and I'll check to
see if it's still around.  (Yes, *this* really
should go to packrats at ...)

Rip Loomis		Voice Number: (410) 953-6874
Senior Security Engineer
Center for Information Security Technology
http://www.cist.saic.com