[SunRescue] List Administrivia

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 09:21:55 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> At one time, with a friend, I got four Apollo DN4000s, two
> DN3500s, and THREE 21" monitors, plus cables, manuals, etc,
> etc, in a 280ZX.  Plus two fat guys.  It was so loaded one
> of us had to get out to go over speed bumps.  Tied the back
> hatch "down" (it was nowhere near closed) with token ring
> cable. 8-)

When I was moving the fabled Sun2 Collection from Schenectady to Potsdam
(both in NY, about 4 hours of mountain driving 'twixt the two) I packed
the following into my '93 Escort wagon (new at the time):
-2 loaded 2/120's
-1 external 2/120 disk pedistal, w/8" SMD
-1 3/160
-2 19" monitors
-3 boxes *full* of Multibus cards.
-1 very large box of docs.
-2 boxes of cables, etc.

That car was sitting pretty low, all nooks and crannies full - I had
enough room in the driver's seat to shift into everything but reverse.
Was a real sphincter-squeezer going down some grades...

-Pete