[SunRescue] Your not gettin' em!

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 14:51:06 CST 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:23:49AM -0800, Devin L. Ganger wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:52:16PM -0500, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> > They have the standard "We're not responsible for typos".  I am fairly
> > sure this clears them?
> Well, see, there's the little matter of the order confirmation that they
> sent...
> It's ambiguous enough that, after my phone call to the Nevada State
> Attorney General's office, I'm thinking that it's worth filing a
> complaint with the Nevada AG, my local state's AG, and the Federal Trade
> Commission.
> I urge everyone else who ordered drives under this to do so as well.

Why bother?  Wow, a typo.  Nothing got charged to your card.  You
*know* the drives are worth way more than $19.

Arent there bigger/worse things to worry about, than filing some
silly complaint because you wont get drives for virtually free,
due to some poor data entry clerk's typo?

>From http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/HTterms2.asp?

TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS: In the event a product is
listed at an incorrect price due to typographical
error or error in pricing information received from
our suppliers, HITECHCAFE.COM, Inc. shall have the
right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for
product listed at the incorrect price.
HITECHCAFE.COM, Inc. shall have the right to refuse
or cancel any such orders whether or not the order
has been confirmed and your credit card authorized.

You agreed to these terms and conditions when you
ordered the drives.  In other words, you dont have a "leg" to
stand on, legally....

Bill

--
Bill Bradford