[SunRescue] What Gem did I find?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 14:16:53 CST 2001

James,

Just curious, but why couldn't they just build an IPC or IPX into the SPARCPrinter? Where I used to work they would simply take an IPC/IPX, fill it with RAM (IIRC) and shove the printer interface card in the box and go from there.

Actually, the printer only used a fraction of the "power" of these workstations, so a lesser system could have been included - this would have added about $1K???

Just curious,

Ken