Bill and Amy in Baltimore (was RE: [SunRescue] List Administr ivia)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 11:59:01 CST 2001

As tempting as it would be to meet Bill, I suspect that:

	A) there is very little to talk about
	   that hasn't been covered already in the
	   lists.

	B) While it would be nice to meet-n-greet,
	   I think the newlywed's would like some
	   time alone together (as you noted).

	C) Sometimes it is very unsettling to actually
	   meet someone you think you already know.
	   (For example, if Dave McGuire showed up at
	   my house with a FUBU* outfit on, I would lose
	   all respect for him, despite his *massive*
	   knowledge on numerous topics. *FUBU is a
	   clothing line run by Russell Simmons (IIRC)
	   of Run-DMC fame, which is fine, but the
	   name is from the phrase "For Us, By Us"
	   refering to African Americans. I have
	   nothing against any of this, except I found
	   it funny to go to Vermont and see all
	   these pasty white kids wearing FUBU clothes,
	   obviously ignorant of the meaning)

	D) If we really wanted to see what each other
	   looks like, we would send photos to SunHelp
	   and look at them there while reading each
	   others posts ;^)

Or I could be all wrong, but that is my $.02 worth.

Hey, if Bill came to central New Jersey, it would be a different matter entirely...

Ken