[SunRescue] List Administrivia

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 25 22:04:22 CST 2001

I live a few hours away from Baltimore, so I have been there a few times. I wanted to make a few suggestions:

Inner Harbor - There is a Hard Rock Cafe, right next to a large bookstore (Borders or Barnes & Noble) just off the harbor.

Somewhere in Baltimore - Great "dress-up" restaurant called Prime Rib - beef a speciality, but a sport coat (maybe suit) is required - expensive, but worth it IMHO.

If you have a car, the B & O Railroad museum is interesting/fun, assuming you appreciate model trains (and the big ones) - esp. good for inclement weather, as all the old locomotives are in a HUGE roundhouse.

There is also a firetruck museum, but it was closed when we were there - I suspect it was decent.

And, I am not sure if they are in your area in Texas, but Krispy Kreme doughnuts are always a treat.

Also, Diners abound (just like North Jersey), I always wanted to go to the Fells Point Diner, but that may be because I watched the movie "Diner" *way* too many times. That was the first movie I paid to see more than once, I suspect I have seen that movie nearly 2 dozen times... ;^)

Baltimore is a nice place to visit, even if it is/was the murder capital of the USA...

Enjoy,

Ken