[SunRescue] Am I the only guy here who like VMS?

Robert J. Slover rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 25 15:03:26 CST 2001

No Stephen, even though this is a Sun list you
are not alone.  I love VMS and have both VAXen
and Alpha boxen here at home running it.

I don't have a source for your RAM but you can
check the OpenVMS usenet groups (comp.os.vms) or
the hobbyist webring.  You can register for a
hobbyist VMS license (free) and a bunch of layered
products (free, including compilers) at this URL:

http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/index.html

You have to join DECUS (free) and register your
box by model and serial number.  I think you can
buy a hobbyist media kit through there too, if you
have no other source.

HTH

--Robert