[SunRescue] Am I the only guy here who like VMS?

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 23:00:29 CST 2001

All,

Lots of us here have (or have had) vaxen, including myself, and it seems
that most of you are running net-BSD on them. Am I the only guy here who
actually thinks VMS was pretty cool? Ok it's networking was irritating, but
in terns of file services, print services, directory services etc... I think
it did a pretty good job.

Ok, networking was, as I said irritating unless you drank the DEC coolaid,
and the security was terrible in the default configuration (anyone remember
the NASA worm?) but overall I thought VMS was a pretty good system.

Am I just crazy here, or is it that no-one still has VMS OS tapes?

Chris Byrne