[SunRescue] 'nother Cay J90 on EBay for 5K

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 16:17:31 CST 2001

On March 24, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Yet another vray J90 on ebay for around 4 grand. Anyone know of a good page
> on the history of cray, and the technical or anecdotal stuff about the
> machines?
>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1224450674

  That's one of the ones that was up there last week.  He's relisted
it about four times.  As far as I've been able to fine out, he keeps
getting buyers from overseas.  Exporting this sort of hardware is no
picnic.

  You'll find very, very little technical information online.  I've
done a lot of work with these machines; if you have any specific
questions please don't hesitate to send me private email.

         -Dave McGuire