[SunRescue] What Gem did I find?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 15:19:01 CST 2001

woods at weird.com writes:

>It's almost never better to run PS on the host unless you've got a
>USB or faster interface....  Then there are all the horrible
>registration problems....  Yuck.

Well, it's a weird situation, but if you have PS files that are extremely
compute intensive, that you'll be printing multiple times, you can cache
the bitmap output of PS locally. Or if your PS files uses other files.
I'd like to see a PS printer with ethernet that could mount an NFS
partition. That would make a lot of things easier.

(Those two reasons, while unlikely for most users, are things I deal
with *constantly*.)

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --