[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 24 03:30:31 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> > My toy of choice dates from 1987.  Minor carb, cam and exhaust work,
> > nothing substantial.  It will do mid 10's, 0.95 lateral G, and get 37MPG
> > on the freeway if I baby it.  No forced induction or nitrous (though I've
> > contemplated it).  11500RPM factory redline.
> >
> > -James [Yamaha FZR1000, if anybody is curious.  150HP, 480lb.]
>
> My current is my (mostly stock) 2000 Kawasaki ZR-7, runs 12.4, 42MPG with
> thrashing, and 10K RPM redline.  (Like a fine disk drive!)
>
> Best of all was that it cost $5600 new.  Soon I will have a new can and
> jets, I expect to drop into the mid-11's...

At present I have a 1999 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion and a Kawasaki EN500, but
when we change the Diversion next year we will get a Fazer 1000 - A real
wolf in sheep's clothing as it is in sports/touring trim but develops
145bhp and weighs just under 500 pounds.

At the other end of the scale I have perhaps got the daftest car on the
list - a Reliant Rialto three wheeler ;-)

--
Regards
Pete