[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 13:33:45 CST 2001

> > Plymouth Barracuda, 2 door fastback, white with navy blue interior, single
> > 2bbl 273cid V8, AT, its more meaningful than words can express, since my
> > grandfather bought it new and he died 10 years before I was born (1971).
>
> My favorite car was my '87 Firebird.  Only a puny little 2.8 liter
> V6 with a 5-speed, but I put a flowmaster muffler and a k&n air filter
> on it, and it sounded *sweet*.  Was tempted to do the whole knight rider
> "digital dash" thing, but the kit cost more than the car was worth.

Nah, youse guys is fancy cars, there..... My favorite the I will always
have a fond spot for was...... a '49 Crosley Wagon... you know, the little
one with the spinning propeller on the front radiator, that looked a bit
like a tiny diesel locomotive purring down the street.... with an engine
small enough that you could heft it out easily, with two hands.

At its best.... it could do 50mph, if straining, reeeeeeeel hard....

After HS, when I went into the service, I gave it to my older brother
who kept it as a desert hunting jalopy.

Them were da daze.....

(:+}}...

Haven't figured out how to install a Sparc, in one, though.....

Bob