[SunRescue] Where can I get man and man pages?

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 05:14:09 CST 2001

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> Something is not quite right about my man pages. they have little single
> character errors all over the places. I think maybe my man files are corrupt
> and I'd like to reinstall them, but I have no idea where to get just the
> package for solaris man, and the default system manpages. Could someone send
> me/make avialable to me/direct me to the contents of /usr/share/man (and any
> other system default man pages), and send me/make avalable to me/direct me
> to the original Solaris man package?

I have the same problem.  It seems that the standard Solaris manpages
weren't installed, although I do have a few pages - eg, fetchmail.  But ...

$ man man
No manual entry for man.

!!!

This is 2.6 FWIW, althuogh I guess manpages from another version wouldn't
cause too many problems.

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons.