[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 20:42:43 CST 2001

At 07:43 AM 3/21/2001 -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
>I suddenly feel old... When I was 14, the big thing was "New Wave." (Flock
>of Seagulls, Soft Cell, etc.)  Now that's "Classic Rock" or somesuch.
>Even the AC (Adult Contemporary) stuff I was playing as a DJ (Back around
>the time Amy quit being "goth" is now classic...  I'm going to go curl up
>in a fetal position and suck my thumb for a while.  (Perhaps I'll go
>listen to Adam Ant...)

Oh, I know what you mean! The other day I was waiting for my
sub to be ready at the little sub shop around the corner from
the house in our mostly working-class city neighborhood here
and Naked Eyes "Always something there to remind me" was playing
on the local soft rock station.

And last weekend, my mother was up visiting and she mentions
that she heard Modern English on the oldies station down in
Rhode Island.

Feeling old as I approach my 31st b-day.

-john