[SunRescue] Re: Recommend starter Sun?

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 19:37:18 CST 2001

I can run two compiles at twice the speed of one compile on my PeeCee, but
I prefer to use the -j2 flag and get twice the speed on one compile at a
time.

Disapointingly, the dual proc. SS10 I have access to doesn't have a
make that supports the j2 flag.  I also haven't been able to convince the
admin to install pthreads.  Still, I can surf the net while compiling at
no speed loss.  This isn't saying much though considering the general
speed of the machine, especially the ZX board.

--
Joshua Boyd