[SunRescue] Serial Port Help

jeff borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 18:34:57 CST 2001

Jonathan Eisch wrote:

> On 3/21/01 10:17 AM, "jeff borisch" <jeff at sonicrim.com> wrote:
>> I had been advised to disable flow control entirely.
>>
>> Is that the wrong thing to do?
>
> Do you use UDP for telnet?

No I don't believe so.
This is a default install of openBSD 2.6 with telnet turned on in a private
network.

I'm speaking of just getting the serial ports to communicate with terminal
emulation software. This is so I can watch it boot, molest the NVRAM
settings etc.

I get both IPXs and ss2s communicating when I connect to PCs but only the
ss2s show up when I connect them to my Mac. I haven't figured out why. Even
the bastard child 386i is a cinch to send console output to the Mac.

UDP and telnet don't figure into my equation right now.

I don't use the serial ports for any IP fun.

best,
jeffrey