Bus architecture was RE: [SunRescue] Re: NetApps?

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 14:40:03 CST 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Bill (can someone who cohabitates with someone of the female species explain
> to me how a small bag of makeup can cost $116?)

I suspect that just like I can buy a cheap PC for $300 or a new U10 for
over ten times the price (trying to make it vaugely sun related), that the
same applies to make up.  Cheap makeup seems adequate, but once you have
used nice stuff, it's hard to go back.

I'm just guessing here.  I know that perfume is that way.  We may think
that the cheap stuff smells nice, but I'm sure that if you wear it all day
every day the cheaper alchohole based smell would get tiresome compared to
radically more expensive oil based perfume.

My personal philosophy is that it is better to have a few really nice
things than lots of cheap things.  So, if you don't care enough to buy
expensive makeup, then don't wear makeup at all or buy a bare mimimum for
special occasions. And if you don't care about computers, then buy an
older nice one (I'd much rather see friends have a P2 with lots of memory
and good harddrives than a 800mhz P3 with only 64megs of ram and cheap
harddrives) rather than a bad new one.

--
Joshua Boyd