[SunRescue] Fibre Channel, again

Joshua Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 13:21:56 CST 2001

You can make copper fibre channel to sca connectors very easily.  I did a
lot of research into the exact pinouts.  I haven't put together one of the
connectors yet, mostly because I am looking for a cheap Fc adapter( I would
love a Qlogic adapter, hint, hint :).  Here is all of the info that I could
dig up...

http://www.tcnj.edu/~feuss2/fibre/fibre.html
This has the full Sca pinout in it...
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/iguides/fc/29340a.pdf
And this has the pinout for the DB-9 connector...
http://www.emulex.com/ts/fc/docs/lp3000/specs.htm

As far as I have been able to tell you only need to connect the tx and rx
line from the copper Fc DB-9 connector to the port A in and out on the
drive.  I hope this helps... p.s. anyone have some cheap fibre channel
adapters?

					josh