[SunRescue] Geek art and rolling blackouts

amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 06:40:34 CST 2001

Old Stuff Discount Warehouse wrote:
> I never really understood the whole goth thing.... didn't know you and
> Amy are/were into it.  Maybe I am too old.... it seemed to be just
> getting started during the end of my high school years, at least around
> here.  I didn't know the word "goth", However.  They were just the weird
> people that wore all black and combat boots :-)  I graduated in 91.

sigh. misinformation by bill bradford. i was never "goth" per se. i was
just strange and had been listening to the velvet underground since i
was 12. i've never worn combat boots, either (most people wear them to
be either taller or to impose..never had that problem, i've been over
six feet tall since i was 15).

i grew up in a small town in tn. goth didnt and still doesnt exist
there. in that town, you're either strange or a redneck. :) i'd never
seen a goth til i moved to austin in '98. they didnt like me. i was too
harsh. :D

--a