[SunRescue] Good free cd and mp3 player programs for Solaris 8

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 01:08:19 CST 2001

I'm assuming you've installed a CD-Audio input plugin.   Do you know, is
the plugin you installed a CDDA type plugin (reads the audio data and
plays through sound hardware) or does it use ioctl calls to make the CD
play itself?  Which ever you have, try finding the other type of plugin.
I seem to remeber from past experience (long ago before XMMS was out) that
Suns didn't like one method, but I can't remeber which.

--
Joshua Boyd